Monday, March 3, 2014

Lies

I am working through a new bible study called Restless, by Jennie Allen.

It is about recognizing the themes in your life, the triumphs, the suffering and pulling them together to see what the whole story looks like and what it could look like.

It's is an all-in book. The assignment where I had to journal through seasons of suffering left me a shuffling, sack of a wife and mom for the rest of the day. I am loving and hating the book all at the same time.

The description on the back of the book includes this little sentence;

"What would happen if God got bigger than your fear and insecurity, and you spent the rest of your life running without reservation after his purposes for you?"

That question has been bouncing around in this brain for a while. It sent me to Austin, Texas to work it out at tables with women who were wrestling through the same thought.

God has always been bigger than my fears and insecurity.

He's designed me to accomplish the plans that he has for me, and he has already given me everything I need to make it happen.

The rub is that I have an enemy disguised as rejection and fear of man, and this God-breathed enmity between us isn't going to stop.

In fact, the harder and faster I run towards that to which I have been called, the louder the whispers are going to get, "who does she think she is?"

Those words hunt me down and find me with every step I take closer to God.

I don't think those words will ever stop seeping into my thoughts, but I can keep going because I know how this story ends.

The author of these lies will be defeated, he already has been as a matter of fact. And his testimony about me has no authority in the Kingdom of which I am already a citizen.

I am guessing that I am not the only one who had bought into so many lies about themselves that they forgotten who sold them.

There is a way to shut down the lies;

“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,  and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John (8:31-32)


These lies are the things that hinder and have to be thrown off. Choosing to believe the lies over God's truth is a sin that snares.

We can't run this race with that sort of weight on our shoulders.
Throw it off and start running.



No comments:

Post a Comment