Thursday, February 27, 2014

Everything I need

People who know our family well know that we trend towards obsessive when it comes to food, natural products and even our health.

We believe that natural (please read that as made by God, not man) is always better. If we can find a natural solution, that is the one we are going to take. I am convinced that God put everything on this Earth that we would ever need to sustain ourselves; even medicine.

I have taken 2 Peter 1:3 slightly out of context to prove that point to myself and others when opposition arises, "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life..."

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to make that connection; those are the connections that make the Bible the "living word" but the writer is definitely referring to spiritual gifts in this text.

As of late, this scripture is definitely revealing it's truth in regards to the people I know and the experiences I've had. 

As I am running this new race, I am realizing that I have some street cred because of the experiences I've walked lived through and that I know a lot of really amazing people; like really, really amazing people. I have some leverage to run a pretty adventurous race and it's been right in front of me.

Everything I need to do this thing (whatever it is) had been divinely placed. 

If it's true for me, then it is true for everyone.

"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:10-11)


No comments:

Post a Comment