Saturday, February 15, 2014

Confession

Blogging makes me very uncomfortable.
I used to have a blog about my kids. Thepeterskids.com They are easy to put out there. They are adorable and hilarious, like every child ever. They were very easy to hide behind.

This blog is different.

This blog changes who I am because now I am the girl ( I suppose 35 years makes me a woman) that is talking about God and is getting dangerously close to preachy.

While I'm typing this, not many people have this blog address. I'm still hiding in plain sight. On purpose.

I'm sure that there will be a lot of people that have always known me as Katie Peters that fully expect me to blog about these things. 

I'm also sure that there are the people that know me only as Katie Adams that will be shocked sideways. That's the part that's hard, and the part that matters the least. 

I read this morning that the word we read as confess in the Bible is translated from the Greek word homologeo. It's a verb. 

It doesn't mean sitting in a closet telling someone "better than you" how "bad you are"

This is what that word means:


Thayer's Definition
  1. to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent
  2. to concede
    1. not to refuse, to promise
    2. not to deny
      1. to confess
      2. declare
      3. to confess, i.e. to admit or declare one's self guilty of what one is accused of
  3. to profess
    1. to declare openly, speak out freely
    2. to profess one's self the worshipper of one
  4. to praise, celebrate


So that's where I start. 

I start by agreeing with the things God says about me. 
I start by not refusing to do the things prepared in advance for me to do.
I start by declaring openly.

It's a verb.






No comments:

Post a Comment