Monday, February 10, 2014

A New Thing

A new thing is happening. 

It's a big thing and thousands of women went to bed last night reeling with the knowledge of what they have seen and wondering what they are going to do with with it.

"It" being this baton that has been passed.
"It" being the question that was laid out before us nearly a year ago. 
A question that dragged us out of numb contentment and up out of mire and away from the good works we are already doing and placed us all in a dark room in Austin.

"If God is real, then what?"

If HE is real, 
then what HE says is true 
and who HE says we are is true
and what HE says we are capable of is true
and then the Glory that is coming is actually on it's way 
and hurtling towards us. 

So now what?

In my little patch of earth, the other women like me are rolling out of bed and stumbling towards their K-cups, and smart phones and in a hour or so are going to be out in this world; repeating a chevron-patterned, Pinterest mantra: Keep Calm and Carry On. 

Here's the thing:

I think it just might be time to Freak out and Grab the Baton.

Because 
all of those things about my God 
and all of those things about me 
and all of those things about all of the humans on this earth 
are true
and we only have this undefined amount of time we were given. 

It's time to run.




3 comments:

  1. This gave me chills! So much truth was shared at IF, and I don't even know where to begin to process it all. But you're so right: it's time to run. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you hit publish, and I love what you shared. It inspired me all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you're doing here, Katie!

    ReplyDelete