Saturday, February 22, 2014

Doorholder



This blog is still a bit of a mystery.

I don't have any particular goal in mind, no platform or idea to promote.

I just have words and I have experiences that are worth sharing.

Shelley Giglio spoke at the IF:Gathering and her words were another layer on the pressure to put my words into pixels.

At the Passion Conferences, they call all of their volunteers "Door Holders"

"Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere:
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked" (Psalm 84:10)

My paraphrasing won't do her words justice, but she said that people who have seen the Lord, what he has done and what he is still doing, are joyfully willing to hold back the door so that other can see what they have seen.

If I have a hope for what this blog could be, it would be a door for other people to see what I have seen.

I have seen works and wonders and, while this isn't the post that I'll share them, I will eventually.

God is still the same God that woke Samuel up calling his name in the middle of the night. (1Sam 3:10)

He is still the God that "chooses the weak to shame the strong"(1Cor.1:27b)

He is still the God "who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" (Eph. 3:20)

I am happy to be a doorkeeper.






No comments:

Post a Comment